Monday, September 12, 2011

Al-Azhar protest AGAINST terrorism

Al-Azhar University in Cairo Egypt is the chief centre of Arabic literature and Islamic learning in the world.
وقفة «الأزهر» ضد الإرهاب
Here is a photo of Azhar University students during a demonstration against terrorism, Azhar University, Cairo.
"Azhar University staged a protest condemning the Alexandria church bombings which took lives of more than 20 and left scores injured.
Protest was led by Grand Imam of Azhar, Ahmed al-Tayyeb, Abdullah al-Husseiny, University President. Number of faculty members and students took part."
News photo and description from almasryalyoum.com , a leading Egyptian news site, in January 2011.

2 comments:

  1. This is great. I don't know how I missed it before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rose. I think it's great too. I just wrote an overview of Boko Halal and related terrorism that claims religious roots and targets knowledge or women here at my other blog

    ReplyDelete